To determine if a garment should remain in your wardrobe ask yourself the following questions:
- Are the colors and fabrics right for me?
- Is the style right for me?
- Can it be worn with at least two other items I own?
- Can I accessorize it in a variety of ways?
- Does the fit flatter my body?
- Do I love it?
- Is it current?
- Is it in good condition?
- Where will I wear it?
- Is it sending the right message for me?
After answering these questions, it should be easier to determine whether the piece should stay or go. If all the responses are positive but this piece has nothing that it can be matched with consider shopping for something to go with it as well as other available pieces in your wardrobe.